Sunday, November 1, 2009

Education is a lifelong journey

They say having a child is like walking around with your heart outside your body. I can say there has never been a truer statement made. I have two children T who is 3 almost 4 and E who is 14 mths old. When I look at my beautiful children I often wonder how such a miracle could have occurred, they have their own unique personalities and traits yet they came from the genetic make-up of my husband and I...... amazing.

Today I enrolled T into prep for 2011 (at two different schools) I like to have options, and I am very indecisive, so lets hope that come interview time next year, I will be able to make a firm decision as to which school will benefit my lil guy the most. To think of him as growing up makes me sad and contemplative for time lost and my own mistakes in parenting. I want to do the best job I can in raising these precious children to be contributing grown ups in society, but more importantly to be kind, gracious and generous. And this has to start with me .... they learn from me. Having children is like going back to school all over again and having to learn the alphabet from scratch, only now I am paying far more attention as I can see the outcome can be good or bad ..... I want the good. So my lesson for today is learn learn learn now and help my babies to grow to be all they were created to be. And I thought my days of education were over ......

No comments:

Post a Comment