Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Late Night Contemplation

As most parents know, there is nothing more perfect than looking at your angelic sleeping child and well thinking how perfect they are. However as the crack of dawn approaches and your angelic sleeping child is .... well no longer sleeping but beckoning you to arise and feed their starving appetite well it is hard to see them in the same angelic light.Italic

The other day while 17 month old E was having her day nap, CLF and 4 year son T decided to use the time to have a swim. CLF had the biggest epiphany while enjoying this special time with T. As T looked at me so adoringly I suddenly realised how my time is divided between two children. I know dah pretty obvious when you have two children that you will be divided. It was a bit of a sad moment realising that I cannot capture every moment with one because there is always another. This has both pro's and con's I know, siblings aid children to be better at a lot of things like sharing, as they learn from a young age to share their parents with another human being. Still I want to make myself be aware of each child and appreciate their uniqueness and really know my children. I have heard far to many stories of parents who find their teenage children's choices or behaviour 'out of character', but maybe we as parents just don't really see them for who they are but make up who we want them to be. Do we really or should I say do 'I' really take the time each day to appreciate my child, get to know my child ......

No comments:

Post a Comment